Cisco CCNA1-Chapter-08 Correct Questions Answers 100%
01. An installed fiber run can be checked for faults, integrity, and the performance of the media by using what device?
- light injector;
- OTDR ;
- TDR ;
- Multimeter .
02. Which characteristics describe fiber optic cable? (Choose two.)
- It is not affected by EMI or RFI;
- Each pair of cables is wrapped in metallic foil;
- It combines the technique of cancellation, shielding and twisting to protect data;
- It has a maximum speed of 100 Mbps;
- It is the most expensive type of LAN cabling.
03. Which of the following is a characteristic of single-mode fiber-optic cable?
- generally uses LEDs as the light source;
- relatively larger core with multiple light paths;
- less expensive than multimode;
- generally uses lasers as the light source.
04. What is a possible effect of improperly applying a connector to a network cable?
- Data will be forwarded to the wrong node;
- Data transmitted through that cable may experience signal loss;
- An improper signaling method will be implemented for data transmitted on that cable;
- The encoding method for data sent on that cable will change to compensate for the improper connection.
05. With the use of unshielded twisted-pair copper wire in a network, what causes crosstalk within the cable pairs?
- the magnetic field around the adjacent pairs of wire;
- the use of braided wire to shield the adjacent wire pairs;
- the reflection of the electrical wave back from the far end of the cable;
- the collision caused by two nodes trying to use the media simultaneously.
06. What characteristic of UTP cable helps reduce the effects of interference?
- the metal braiding in the shielding;
- the reflective cladding around core;
- the twisting of the wires in the cable ;
- the insulating material in the outer jacket.
07. In LAN installations where potential electrical hazards or electromagnetic interference may be present, what type of media is recommended for backbone cabling?
- fiber ;
- Cat5e UTP;
- Cat6 UTP;
08. Which method of signal transmission uses radio waves to carry signals?
- wireless ;
- acoustic .
09. What are three measures of data transfer? (Choose three.)
- frequency ;
- amplitude ;
- throughput ;
- crosstalk ;
- bandwidth .
10.Which type of cable run is most often associated with fiber-optic cable?
- backbone cable;
- horizontal cable;
- patch cable;
- work area cable
11. When is a straight-through cable used in a network?
- when connecting a router through the console port;
- when connecting one switch to another switch;
- when connecting a host to a switch ;
- when connecting a router to another router
12. What is considered a benefit of wireless as a media choice?
- more host mobility;
- lower security risks;
- reduced susceptibility to interference;
- less impact of the surroundings on the effective coverage area.
13. In most business LANs, which connector is used with twisted-pair networking cable?
- RJ-11 ;
- RJ-45 ;
- Type F .
14. Which OSI layer is responsible for binary transmission, cable specification, and physical aspects of network communication?
- Data Link;
- Physical .
16.What is a primary role of the Physical layer in transmitting data on the network?
- create the signals that represent the bits in each frame on to the media;
- provide physical addressing to the devices;
- determine the path packets take through the network;
- control data access to the media.
- coax cable;
- rollover cable;
- crossover cable ;
- straight-through cable.